Vegetable Stuffed Peppers
Nutritional InformationServing Size: 1 stuffed pepper
Amount Per Serving
- Total Fat: 7g
- Sodium: 120mg
- Total Carbs: 39g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 11g
Recipe courtesy of the Michigan Bean Board, www.michiganbean.org
Use red, yellow and green peppers for added color and variety.
Makes 6 servings
- 1 15-ounce can, rinsed and drained, or 1 3/4 cups cooked dry-packaged pinto beans
- 6 green bell peppers
- 3 cups corn
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven at 375 degrees.
- Cut off tops of green peppers, leaving a hole of about 2 inches in diameter and remove seeds and inner ribs.
- Immerse peppers in boiling water, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove peppers and place upside down on paper towels. Drain and cool. In a medium size bowl, combine remaining ingredients and mix well. Place 2 cups of filling in each pepper.
- Put filled peppers (filled side up) in a baking dish. Pour a little water into dish. Bake peppers for 20 minutes.