Bean Dip AthenosAugust 10, 2010
Balsamic vinegar adds a kick to this quick, Greek-inspired bean dip. Serve with crackers and vegetables for dipping.
Makes 24 servings (about 2 tablespoons each)
- 2 15-ounce cans, rinsed and drained, or 3 1/2 cups cooked dry-packaged garbanzo or navy beans
- 2/3 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not in oil)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh or dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped Kalamata or ripe olives
- Kalamata olives, as garnish
- Assorted vegetables and crackers
- In the bowl of a food processor blend the beans, sour cream, garlic, and vinegar until smooth.
- Stir in sun dried tomatoes, parsley, and chopped olives.
- Place the mix in a serving bowl and garnish with olives. Serve with assorted vegetables and crackers for dipping.
- Dip can be made ahead of time and refrigerated overnight or for 2 to 3 hours to allow flavors to blend.