Grilled Tuna & Bean SaladAugust 12, 2010
This main dish salad is elegant enough for guests and easy enough for everyday. Better yet, it’s full of healthy essential fatty acids and complex carbohydrates.
Makes 4 servings
- 4 small tuna steaks (3 to 4 ounces each)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 15-ounce can, rinsed and drained, or 1 3/4 cups cooked dry-packaged garbanzo or black beans
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion Citrus Vinaigrette (recipe follows)
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- Broil tuna steaks 6 inches until fish is tender and flakes with a fork, about 5 minutes on each side. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- While tuna is cooking, in a salad bowl combine garbanzo beans, mushrooms, tomato, bell pepper and onion; drizzle with Citrus Vinaigrette and toss.
- Add salad greens and toss. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon salad onto serving plates and top each with a tuna steak.
Makes about 2/3 cup
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon
- 3 style mustard
- Mix all ingredients.
TIP: If desired, salad can be made with canned tuna. Drain 1 can (12 ounces) white tuna and break into large chunks. Toss with salad mixture.Posted in: Recipes, Salads