Mexican Black Bean and Spinach PizzaAugust 12, 2010
This recipe tops any you’ll find at a pizza joint.
Makes 4 servings
- 1 10-ounce Italian cheese-flavored thin pizza crust (such as Boboli)
- 1 15-ounce can, rinsed and drained, or 1 3/4 cups cooked dry-packaged black beans
- 2/3 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup bottled salsa
- 1/2 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 cup (2-ounces) reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup (2-ounces) Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place pizza crust on a baking sheet; bake for 5 minutes or until crisp.
- Using a fork mash beans; combine beans with onion, ground cumin, chili powder and garlic in medium bowl, stirring to combine.
- Spread bean mixture over crust, leaving a 1 inch border.
- Spoon salsa evenly over bean mixture; top with spinach and cilantro. Drizzle with hot sauce; sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes or until crust is lightly browned