Santa Fe Cobb SaladAugust 12, 2010
This Cobb Salad gets a Mexican twist with the addition of black beans, green pepper and jicama.
Makes 6 servings
- 6 cups bite-sized pieces mixed greens
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onions 1 cup peeled and diced jicama
- 1 cup seeded and diced green bell pepper
- 2 ears sweet corn, kernels cut from cob
- 1/4 cup diced avocado
- 1/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup shredded, low-fat Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup baked tortilla chips, lightly crumbled
- Place mixed greens on a large platter. Arrange diced vegetables, beans and grated cheese in parallel rows across the top of the salad greens.
- Scatter tortilla chips over the vegetables.
Lime Cilantro Vinaigrette Dressing
- 3/4 cup tomato juice
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded
- Juice of 1 lime
- 10 sprigs cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup extra
- 2 virgin olive oil, optional
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor fitted with a metal blade. Process or blend to combine. At the table pour dressing over top; toss and serve.
Note: Eight ounces cooked chicken, shrimp, or diced firm tofu may also be addedPosted in: Recipes, Salads