Stuffed Eggs for a CrowdAugust 12, 2010
This recipe calls for discarding the hard boiled egg yolks; however, if you prefer, puree the yolks with the beans for a new twist on traditional deviled eggs.
Makes 28 egg halves
- 14 eggs, hard cooked, peeled
- 1 15-ounce can, rinsed and drained, or 1 3/4 cups cooked dry-packaged garbanzo beans
- 1/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt or low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon red caviar or 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise, remove yolks and discard (see note above).
- In a food processor or blender, combine garbanzos, yogurt or mayonnaise, mustard and garlic, process until smooth.
- Spoon mixture into a decorating pastry bag fitted with a large star tip, or use a quart size plastic bag with one corner snipped off diagonally as a disposable “pastry bag.”
- Squeeze mixture into egg cavities or drop by teaspoonfol into eggs.
- Top with caviar or paprika.