Sweet Onion Apricot LimasAugust 12, 2010
Sweet onion and tart apricots compliment the buttery taste of lima beans. This can be served hot, as a side dish, or cold, as a relish.
Makes 8 servings
- 1 15-ounce can, rinsed and drained, or 1 3/4 cups cooked dry-packaged baby lima beans
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 cup sliced dried apricots
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups water
- 1/2 cup honey
- In a large saucepan, place beans in 3 cups of water. Soak overnight or boil for 2 minutes and let stand for 1 hour.
- Combine soaked beans, onion, apricots, salt and water in saucepan. Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add honey, simmer for 5 minutes longer. Serve as a hot dish or cold relish with turkey, chicken or pork.