Turkey & Bean Salad with Apricot-Ginger DressingAugust 12, 2010
This recipe is the perfect solution for too much leftover Thanksgiving Day turkey.
Makes 6 servings
- 12 cups salad spinach
- 12 to 16 ounces cooked turkey or chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 15-ounce can, rinsed and drained, or 1 3/4 cups cooked dry-packaged garbanzo beans
- 1 15-ounce can, rinsed and drained, or 1 3/4 cups cooked dry-packaged blackeyes or navy beans
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 large sweet apple (red delicious), cored, unpeeled, cubed
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- Apricot-Ginger Dressing (recipe follows)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a salad bowl combine spinach, turkey, garbanzo beans, blackeyes, broccoli, apple, cranberries, and walnuts.
- Pour apricot ginger dressing over and toss. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve salad on large salad plates or in bowls
Makes about 1 1/4 cups
- 3/4 cup fat
- free ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves or jam
- 1 teaspoon Dijon
- style mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Combine all ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to use.
TIP: For a tropical topping, prepare the dressing using mango chutney instead of apricot preserves or jam.Posted in: Recipes, Salads