Black Bean BrowniesAugust 13, 2010
Recipe testers love these brownies, they are dark, rich and no one will guess they contain black beans.
Makes about 32 2-inch brownies
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup cooked black bean puree
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- In a bowl mix cocoa, butter, sugar, black bean puree and eggs until well blended. Sift dry ingredients together and stir into wet mixture.
- Grease a 9 x13 inch pan with cooking spray and pour the batter into the pan. Bake for 40 minutes or until done.
- Frost with your favorite chocolate frosting