Idaho Bean FudgeAugust 13, 2010
No one will be the wiser that this confection contains beans. Black beans can be substituted for pinto beans.
Makes 28 2-inch squares
- 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a blender or food processor puree beans with butter until smooth; transfer to a bowl.
- Add cocoa, powdered sugar and vanilla; beat 3 minutes until thoroughly mixed. Stir in nuts.
- Spread mixture evenly in a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Refrigerate until chilled and firm.