Navy Bean Oatmeal Chocolate Chip CookiesAugust 13, 2010
These cookies are low in fat and high in heart healthy fiber from both oatmeal and beans, so have two!
Makes 2-3 dozen cookies
- 1 cup cooked navy beans
- 1/2 cup butter or trans fat-free shortening
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- 6 ounces (1 cup) chocolate chips
- Preheat oven at 375 degrees.
- In a food processor puree cooked beans, puree until a thick paste is formed.
- Measure 1 cup of bean puree and cream with butter and sugar in the mixer. Add eggs and vanilla and blend well. Add all other ingredients. Combine thoroughly.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 16 minutes or until golden brown.