Stir Fried Blackeyes & BeefAugust 13, 2010
Fifteen minutes is all the time you’ll need to get this Chinese stir fry on the table. Serve with steamed rice.
Makes 4 servings
- 12 ounces boneless beef eye of round or sirloin steak, cut into 1 1/2-inch strips
- 4 green onions and tops, sliced
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 15-ounce can, rinsed and drained, or 1 3/4 cups cooked dry-packaged blackeyes
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cups cooked wild rice or white rice, hot
- Stir fry beef, onion, and garlic in oil in wok or large skillet until beef is browned, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add broccoli and stir fry 2 to 3 minutes. Add blackeyes and cook, covered, over medium heat until broccoli is crisp & tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Mix beef broth and cornstarch; add to skillet and heat to boiling. Boil, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes; cook 1 to 2 minutes longer.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve over rice.