Chicken Cannellini TetrazziniSeptember 18, 2013
Makes 8 main dish servings
7 ounces spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces
8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 cups cooked chicken, cubed (also works well with cooked turkey)
1 cup (4 ounces) cheddar cheese, shredded
1 can (10.75 ounces) reduced fat, reduced sodium creams of mushroom soup
1 medium onion, chopped
1/3 cup nonfat milk
¼ cup green bell pepper, chopped
¼ cup red bell pepper, chopped
1/8 teaspoon white pepper
4 cups cooked cannellini beans, cooked without salt
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
- Sauté mushrooms and garlic in vegetable oil until soft.
- Transfer spaghetti, mushrooms and garlic to a large bowl.
- Add chicken, shredded cheddar cheese, mushroom soup, onion, milk, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, white pepper and cannellini beans.
- Mix well.
- Spoon into greased 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Bake, uncovered at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 40-45 minutes or until heated through.