Fruity Bean LogsSeptember 18, 2013
Makes 24 logs or balls
1 cup dried apricots
1 cup dried apples
1 cup seedless raisins
½ cup dried prunes
1 cup walnuts, chopped
½ cup coconut, shredded
1 cup cooked great northern beans, cooked without salt
½ cup honey
¼ cup peanut butter, creamy
¾ cup powdered sugar
- Chop dried apricots, dried apples, raisins, and dried prunes in a food processor.
- Combine chopped fruits with walnuts and coconut. Mix well.
- Puree great northern beans in food processor with honey and peanut butter until smooth.
- Stir bean mixture into fruit mixture. Mix well.
- Press into logs or balls. Roll in powdered sugar.
- Wrap individually in parchment paper, waxed paper or aluminum foil.
- Refrigerate for up to 7 days or freeze for up to 3 months.