Thai Shrimp and BeansSeptember 18, 2013
Makes 6 main dish servings
8 ounces angel hair pasta, uncooked
¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
¼ cup peanut butter, creamy
3 tablespoons white sugar
3 tablespoons dark sesame oil
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
¼ teaspoon red hot chili oil
8 ounces raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 cups cooked small red beans or adzuki beans, cooked without salt
1 carrot, peeled and shredded
- Cook angel hair pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- In a medium bowl, combine the soy sauce, peanut butter, sugar, sesame oil, cayenne pepper, red hot chili oil. Whisk until smooth.
- Sauté garlic in vegetable oil. Add the shrimp and cook until shrimp are opaque.
- Toss sauce with pasta, shrimp and beans.
- Garnish with shredded carrot.